Some good comments on product management from former colleague Cadman Chui over at Red Canary. From some followup comments by Cadman:
I believe Product Management should reside neither in Marketing, or Development. If a product manager falls under marketing, they end up being biased into doing a lot of communications style work. If a product manager falls under development, many times they end up project managing release schedules at too much of a tactical level.
I think most readers of this blog would agree.
- Agile/Scrum Software Development and Product Management
- Agile/Scrum Software Development and Product Management part 2
- American Idol and New Product Development
- Build vs. Think – The Need for Thought Experiments in Product Development
- Guest Post: What can Tacos Teach Product Managers about Social Product Development?