How can Product Managers (PMs) and Product Marketing Managers (PMMs) work more effectively together?
What changes should be made functionally, organizationally, or in other ways to better align those two roles and deliver increased value for the company?
Or looking at it from another perspective, what’s not working today (in companies) that needs to be fixed so these roles can be more effective together.
Do you know of any companies that do this particularly well? If so, how do they do it?
I’ll start with one suggestion:
1. These two roles should be part of the same organization and have common product related goals. Unfortunately in a lot of companies, Product Managers are part of the “products” organization and Product Marketers are part of Marketing. With different goals and objectives, this is a reason they don’t work closely or well together.
Any other ideas? Over to you…please leave your thoughts and comments below.
Tweet this: @saeedwkhan How can #prodmgmt and #prodmktg work better together? http://wp.me/pXBON-2qv
- Open Question: Why doesn’t Engineering report to Product Management?
- Open Question – One thing you wish you had known when you became a PM
- Open Question: Your worst job-related mistake and lesson learned
- Open Question: Product Management Challenges at a Startup
- Open Question: Your current biggest challenge in Product Management/Marketing?